Wednesday 21 October 2015

Dear Journal,




I have had a habit of writing/keeping my journal on a daily basis. I pour out my thoughts, keep records of important transactions of events that took place, keep track of my menstrual cycle, note down important meetings I need to attend and of course mark deadlines and try my level best to meet deadlines. I loved writing and doodling in my little books. For the purpose of convenience I have now diverted into keeping online journals. This lacks the doodle portion but it comes with selfies (#selfieLevelBoss). Making a long story short - it helps me deal with my days; good or bad. I am able to write at length some days and other days I don't write a single thing. It is my therapy. The Writing therapy and the selfie therapy. 

Recently I met a young girl online and we began to chat. She mentioned how she was lacking self confidence. In another instance I met a young woman who shared that she felt she was very boring. I shared my journal keeping with both of them. I shared with both of them my e-Journal project. And I am happy to report that they have been doing the same and finding that it has been helping them feel better. 

Now I am no therapist (yet) but I feel keeping journals and taking selfies, pouring our feelings into an electronic document (for our eyes only) and/or drawing/doodling how feelings helps to deal with some things. With that being sad I would like to point out that if you feel low; unwell; angry; or any other negative feeling and these feelings are persistent or if they are being counter productive to your life PLEASE by all means see a professional. You may take your (e) Journal with you to share how you felt during a certain situation as this would help your therapist understand the context better. 

So her is to keeping our thoughts in our little USB's or HDD's. Taking shameless selfies to feel good about ourselves. My mantra is; I am beautiful. That's just who I am. No one has to agree or disagree with me. It is about making myself feel worthy. It is about making myself feel worthwhile. It is about making myself important BECAUSE I know I matter. 

So until next blog ..... Dear Journal, Today I shared the e-journal idea with the blog page (dramatic music. fade to black)


No comments:

Post a Comment