Tuesday 11 October 2016

17th KIP (2011) Day 2

Day 2: Gandhi Smriti (Delhi)

29th April _ Day 2 of 17th KIP, 2011

Today we visited the Gandhi Smriti in Delhi and visited the Delhi Metro.

The Gandhi Smriti has been converted into a little museum which retells the life story of Gandhi's life. This is the place where he lived the last days of his life and was shot at the back yard of this very place. We were allowed to see the place where the great man himself was killed. I found it very interesting to walk around and read the things about Gandhi's life. there is a small room which has walls covered with details of the LAST DAY of his LIFE. Also amazing was the technology used to making information easily accessible to visitors. 

Delhi Metro one of its kind in Delhi. This was my first trip on a metro (as Fiji has none) and I am sure my trip to Australia did not include a ride on a Metro.  We were told that the Metro is environmentally friendly and very economical as well as efficient. (I am no expert in these things so I will take their word for it). During Question and Answer session I asked if women were employed as Train operator or was it just men? And I was told that some 25 young women are train operators and these young women have engineering degrees :-) Power to Women. 

A wonderful day. We had lunch at McDonalds in Janpat - and managed to get some Cotton tops because it is extremely hot in Delhi at the moment. 

We are bonding well with the others on the trip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment