Thursday 12 February 2015

Spoken Words: Familiar Walls

Familiar Walls

The familiarity of homeliness
The walls have the same color.
The door is where I left it.
The fridge has food I want to eat
The plate is the right size.
The bed is comfy, i can just sink in and sleep.
The pillow has the correct softness for my tired head 
The blanket is just warm enough for my exhausted body to relax.

Oh the familiarity of these walls.
The need to not wear anything fancy, coordinated, sophisticated or age appropriate (is a plus side).
Hair messed up, pinned up, let down or not brushed- not a care in the world.
The ticking wall clock how I wish had a dead battery.
The neighbors dog barking how I wish it had an enemy.
The pilled up laundry
The scattered jewelry
The dishes that need washing
The cloths that need ironing.
Oh the familiarity of these walls.

The shoes fit perfect
But I never have shoes to wear.
Wardrobe full of clothes but not sure what goes where
The calendar needs marking
Are we going somewhere?
Birthdays
Anniversaries
Due dates
Expires
Weddings
Dinners
Graduations
And some parties here and there.

You never find what you need on time
There is always a mess I leave behind.
Some days I shine bright like the sun and all chores are done before it is 1
Other days are gloomy and I could be asleep in the noon
Nevertheless I find comfort within these painted walls.

The trash I should take out.
The bed I need to make.
Dust the furniture well now and again.
Wipe clean everything.
Scrubbing and mopping
Sweeping and vacuuming 
Washing and drying
Ironing and folding.
the list is endless
Oh the familiarity of these walls
I know I am home...

No comments:

Post a Comment